Falafel with Almond Flour
Whether you follow a dairy-free, grain-free, paleo, vegan, or vegetarian lifestyle, this falafel recipe is perfect for everyone. Enjoy the goodness of falafels without any dietary restrictions!
Dietary: Dairy-Free | Grain-Free | Paleo | Vegan | Vegetarian | Always Gluten-Free
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 24 Falafel balls
- 2 cans (19oz each) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons freeze-dried garlic (Litehouse)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup almond flour (Anthony’s Goods)
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese (LivingTree)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- oil for pan frying (Air-fryer this recipe)
- Preheat your oven to 400F if you are using it. Add chickpeas, onion, and garlic to a large food processor. Process until the mixture is finely chopped but not smooth.
- Add the fresh herbs and Spices. Process again until well incorporated — the mixture should turn bright green.
- Finally, add the almond flour and cream cheese to the food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and use a cookie (2 tbs) or your hands to form round balls.
- To bake…
- In the Oven: Bake at 400F for 18 minutes, flip, then bake for another 15-18 minutes.
- In the Air Fryer: (recommended) Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. For extra crispy Falafel, spray the balls with oil or a non-stick cooking spray before baking.
- On the Stovetop: add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan for every 5 Falafel balls. Pan-fry over medium heat, rotating the balls every 2 minutes to brown all sides.