Easy Gluten-Free Fortune Cookie Recipe
Homemade Gluten-Free Fortune Cookies are sure to bring good luck! These delightful treats are not only delicious but also fun to make. Try this recipe and enjoy the magic of homemade fortune cookies.
Bake Time: 7 minutes | Makes: 12 cookies
- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk (Cha’s Organics can coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend (Cut Cooking)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat; have fortune strips ready.
- Using a hand mixer (or whisk), beat the egg whites and sugar on high speed in a large mixing bowl for 2 minutes. Mix the oil or melted butter and milk until incorporated. Sift the flour in the liquid mixture. Mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a spatula or the back of a tablespoon, spread the batter into a 3-inch circle. Recommended to do 4 – 6 at a time!
- Bake the cookies for 7-8 minutes or until the edges are brown. Remove them from the oven and quickly flip over. Add the note, then fold the cookie in half into a semicircle. Place the semicircle onto the edge of a cup and quickly fold the ends down. Place the cookie in a muffin tin to cool and hold its shape.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter. Enjoy!