Easy Butter Tarts
Get ready to indulge in the sweet and buttery goodness of Easy Butter Tarts, a classic Canadian treat made gluten-free.
Dietary: Vegetarian | Always Gluten-Free
Time: 15 Minutes
Makes: 12 Tarts
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (Maple Joe)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (Elan)
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped
- 12 frozen tart shells (KinniKinnick) defrosted according to the instructions
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place the tart shells on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, syrup, and vanilla, and mix well. Stir in the pecans and raisins.
- Fill the tarts with the mixture and bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden. They will puff up and then fall back down. Let cool. Serve and enjoy!