Get ready to enjoy a scrumptious gluten-free Easy Tourtiere that captures the essence of Canadian cuisine. Bon appétit!
Dietary: Meat | Always Gluten-Free
Time: 30 Minutes
Makes: One 8-inch double-crusted Tourtiere
- 1 pkg (2 crusts) Wendel’s TrueFoods refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (Chosen Foods)
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 3 teaspoons seasoning spice (Alberta Spice)
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons dried garlic cloves (Litehouse)
- garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 ground pork
- 2 tablespoons cassava flour (Anthony’s Good)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Adjust the oven rack to the lowest position. Heat oven to 400F. Prepare pie crust according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, brown pork and beef with onion and garlic; drain fat. Add carrots and spices and add 1/4 cup of water to the mixture. Add the cassava flour and stir into the meat. Let simmer for 10 - 15 minutes until the mixture is thickened. Take off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Spoon filling into pie crust-lined pie plate, patting mixture down. Top with second crust; seal and flute edges as desired. Cut slits in the top crust to vent. Brush with beaten egg. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let stand at least 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!