This gluten-free Peach and Cream Tartlet is an easy nutritious, and delicious summer treat! Made with a pecan, cassava flour crust, and dairy-free coconut whipping cream filling.
Dietary: Grain-Free | Vegan | Vegetarian
Time: 25 minutes
Makes: Four (4-inch tarts) or One 9-inch
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup cassava flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 can (400ml) coconut whipping cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup (35 grams) organic icing sugar
- 1 cup can (398ml) slice peaches, drained, coarsely pureed
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pecans, cassava flour, and coconut oil; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch tart pan or desired pan with removable bottom. Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a chilled medium mixing bowl, beat coconut cream and icing sugar—Reserved 1/4 cup peaches for topping if desired. Stir in remaining peaches to cream mixture. Spoon filling into crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Just before serving, add reserved peaches on top. Serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #eatforlifer — We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook! Find us: @eatforlifebymarsha