March is National Celery Month, which means it's the perfect time to celebrate this crunchy and refreshing veggie. Celery is a great source of vitamins and minerals our bodies need to function properly. Here are some of the benefits and vitamins that you can get from celery:
- Vitamin C: Celery is a good source of vitamin C, which can help boost your immune system and protect your cells from damage.
- Fiber: Celery is rich in fiber, which can help keep your digestive system healthy and prevent constipation.
- Potassium: Celery contains potassium, which is important for maintaining healthy blood pressure levels.
- Antioxidants: Celery is packed with antioxidants, which can help reduce inflammation in the body and protect against chronic diseases.
If you're looking for ways to incorporate more celery into your diet, here are three gluten-free recipes that use celery and gluten-free flour:
- Gluten-Free Celery Soup: This creamy soup is perfect for a chilly day. Saute diced celery, onion, and garlic in a pot until soft. Add chicken or vegetable broth, and simmer until the vegetables are tender. Puree the soup until smooth, and stir in some gluten-free flour to thicken it. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
- Gluten-Free Celery Fritters: These crispy fritters are a great way to use leftover celery. Mix together diced celery, gluten-free flour, eggs, and your favorite herbs and spices. Shape the mixture into patties and fry in hot oil until golden brown. Serve with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Gluten-Free Celery and Apple Salad: This refreshing salad is perfect for spring. Combine diced celery, sliced apples, walnuts, and raisins in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and gluten-free flour until smooth. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
In conclusion, celery is a versatile vegetable that can be used in various gluten-free recipes. Whether you're making soup, fritters, or salad, celery is a great source of vitamins and minerals that can help keep you healthy. So go ahead and celebrate National Celery Month by adding more of this superfood to your diet!