Light, soft, and irresistibly moist, this easy vegan gluten-free lemon squares is sure to be a hit with family and friends!
Vegan | Vegetarian | Plant-Based
Makes One 8-inch
Cook Time: 45 minute
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (The Good Flour Co. – Artisan All-Purpose Baking Flour)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar, or xylitol for sugar free (Zuga Natural Sweetener)
- 3/4 cup can coconut whipping cream (Cha’s Whipping Cream)
- 1/2 cup can coconut milk (Cha's Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup can coconut whipping cream
- 1/2 cup natural sweetener or maple syrup
- zest of 1 large or 2 small lemons
- Preheat oven at 350F (180C). Grease and 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, natural sweetener, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine the whipping cream coconut milk and lemon juice. Pour into flour mixtures and stir until combined.
- Pour into greased baking pan. Bake 35 – 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in another bowl, beat in coconut cream, maple syrup and lemon zest until achieved desired consistency. Spread frosting over square. Serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #eatforlifer #makeitglutenree — We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook! Find us: @eatforlifebymarsha