Light, soft, and irresistibly moist, this easy vegan gluten-free lemon squares is sure to be a hit with family and friends!
Vegan | Vegetarian | Plant-Based
Makes One 8-inch
Cook Time: 45 minute
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (The Good Flour Co. – Artisan All-Purpose Baking Flour)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar, or xylitol for sugar free (Zuga Natural Sweetener)
- 3/4 cup can coconut whipping cream (Cha’s Whipping Cream)
- 1/2 cup can coconut milk (Cha's Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup can coconut whipping cream
- 1/2 cup natural sweetener or maple syrup
- zest of 1 large or 2 small lemons
- Preheat oven at 350F (180C). Grease and 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, natural sweetener, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine the whipping cream coconut milk and lemon juice. Pour into flour mixtures and stir until combined.
- Pour into greased baking pan. Bake 35 – 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in another bowl, beat in coconut cream, maple syrup and lemon zest until achieved desired consistency. Spread frosting over square. Serve and enjoy!