Makes: Two 8-inch cake
- 1 pkg Cartems Chocolate Donut Mix
- 3 large eggs
1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups chopped frozen or fresh cherries, (extra for topping)
- 1/2 cup jam (Healthy Crunch)
- 1 container (255g) coconut whipped topping (So Delicious)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease two 8″ or 9″ round cake pans and line them with a circle of parchment paper cut to size. Grease parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, and olive oil. Whisk or beat until combined. Add the donut mixture and mix until combined. Pour batter into prepared pans and place onto the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes or just until the center is set, and a toothpick inserted near center comes out mostly clean. Let cool completely before putting the cake together.
In a medium bowl, add the cherries and jam. Mix until combined.
- Putting Cake Together:
Place a cooled cake layer onto a serving plate. Top with a generous amount of cherry mixture, then the whipping cream. Repeat with the second cake layer and finish with the non-cherry whipping cream mixture on top, and add cherries if desired. Serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #eatforlifer — We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook! Find us: @eatforlifebymarsha