Chocolate Eclair with Coconut Whipping Cream
Dietary: Grain-Free | Paleo | Vegetarian
Time: 30 minutes Makes:8
- 1 cup (235 grams) water
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) sugar or natural sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) salt
- 3/4 cup (115 grams) cassava flour
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (180 grams) vegan chocolate chips, grounded
- 1 can (400ml) coconut whipping cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup (35 grams) organic icing sugar
Éclair Frosting (optional)
- 1/2 cup (90 grams) vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Grease a baking sheet or a use silicone mat on the baking sheet.
In a large saucepan, bring water, butter, sugar, and salt to a boil over medium heat on the stove. Add cassava flour all at once; stir until smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
For piping the batter, insert a 3/4-inch round tip into a pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; add batter. Pipe about 4-inch to 5-inch long strips, 3 inches apart onto the prepared baking pan. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350F (180C and continue baking for an additional 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in each for steam to escape; cool completely.
For Filling - in a large bowl, beat the ground chocolate chips, coconut whipping cream, and the icing sugar.
For Frosting - In a small bowl melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and additional 10 seconds if needed. Serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #eatforlifer — We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook! Find us: @eatforlifebymarsha